Exploring Careers–Power Point Presentation - Download the complete lesson plans at the bottom of the page.
Level 5 (Approx. High Intermediate ESL) and Level 6 (Approx. Advanced ESL)
Please Note: This lesson references the video Mohawk College - How to Give Good Presentations with Dennis Angle [Google Search]. This is generally available on YouTube.
- Pre self- valuation
- Students perform scavenger hunt on iseek.org to see what it has to offer
Journal Writing & Watch Teacher created PowerPoint (PPT)
- Students write about their dream career in journals-
- Students watch teacher created PPT and take notes on what are the areas covered.
Students watch video on giving a good PPT presentation
- Cloze/Gap activity on what makes a good presentation
Students Create PowerPoint
- View GCFlearnfree.com for PPT help
- Students create a 6 – 8 side PPT
- Students practice PPT w/partners
Student Presentation to Class
- Students present PPT to class
- Classmates fill out Presenter Rating evaluation form for each presentation
-Post self- evaluation
MPS Adult Education is a program of Minneapolis Community Education (Tel: 612.668.3939).
Minneapolis Adult Education Center | 2225 East Lake Street | Minneapolis, MN | 55407
Tel: 612.668.3800 | Fax: 612.668.3805 | firstname.lastname@example.org